Jane Muir has been involved with Quarter Horses and Western Riding for over 40 years, she has been involved in many aspects of the UK Quarter Horse & western community:
- Competitor – competed at AQHA shows in all around events
- Competed in Quarter Horse racing with her Stallion Carry On Bonanz & Mare Scott Anna
- Successful Breeder she imported her own stud Carry On Bonanz as well as a number of brood mares
- Administrator for AQHA-UK and Chair of AQHA-UK (when it was the British Quarter Horse Association)
- AQHA, NRHA Show Secretary and FEI & NRHA Reining Steward
- Show Secretary for the East Coast Quarter Horse Circuit, Garden of England Circuit, AQHA-UK Breed Show, BR Spring and Championship Shows
- Manager Youth World Cup Team
Jane’s biggest contribution has been the development and growth of AQHA & NRHA shows within the UK, initially with the East Coast Quarter Horse Circuit and more recently the Garden of England Circuit, including the prestigious GOE International Show which has attracted some of the biggest names in Reining, Western Pleasure, HUS and Trail to compete in the UK.
Jane has managed the Youth World Cup Team and has helped people navigate through the showing rules and regulations. She works tirelessly organising shows, always planning the following year’s shows as soon as the last show of the current year has been completed. Jane actively encourages ‘volunteers’ to learn new roles to be a steward, announcer or show secretary. Behind her ‘no nonsense’ attitude Jane is helpful and knowledgeable often sorting out competitors’ horse registration and passport queries. She is an expert on AQHA / NRHA/ BR rules often helping competitors find their way through the show-maze!
On a number of occasions Jane has run a horse show from her wheelchair and when she broke her back riding a reining pattern for charity she set up horse shows and managed competitor’s queries from her hospital bed! We are pleased to recognise Jane’s contribution and dedication to AQHA-UK and to the wider western community in the UK as she continues to work so hard on behalf of UK competitors.
Images below: Jane with Jag – Carryon Bonanz. Right: Jane on Lightnin Quik Chic – a charity ride which raised the £3500 for Macmillan nurses.