Information for AQHA-UK Passport Holders
- DO NOT POST YOUR PASSPORT TO THE USA! The Passport is a UK only document.
- AQHA-UK & AQHA are separate organisations with independent membership schemes. AQHA-UK is an affiliate of the AQHA.
- Read all the relevant documentation and instructions that relate to your particular query below.
- Email or call the AQHA-UK before you post/pay if you are unsure what to do.
- AQHA-UK are here to help you understand the rules set by DEFRA; you can be liable for heavy fines if you do not comply.
- AQHA-UK must act in accordance with all the rules and are bound by legal requirements to report passport holders for non-compliance. Please do contact us for help and advice:
How to contact us and where to send your passport:
- Post your passports to:
- Peartree Cottage, Well End, Friday Bridge, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, PE14 0HQ
- Passport email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other AQHA-UK enquiries to: email@example.com
- Passports only: 07342349671 – Mon – Friday 10am to 4pm
- Please post ‘signed for’ (tracked) for quickest delivery
- Please pay for passports through the “Shop” https://www.aqha.uk.com/shop/
- Please note: WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHEQUES.
Please note if you are emailing your documents:
Emailed documents must be of very good quality as they will form part of the passport.
They must be readable, clear and cannot be a photograph from your phone.
Scan the documents and email to the passport office.
Microchipping is compulsory for all horses from 1st October 2020.
If horse owners do not microchip their horses by the date specified they could be subject to a fine from the local authority of £200
Please contact your vet immediately and arrange to have your horse microchipped.
You must inform the AQHA-UK of the microchip details and/or update on the Equine Register
GDPR statement / declaration
The American Quarter Horse Association UK (AQHA-UK) is a Limited company which is registered in UK. AQHA-UK is also a Registered Charity listed on the Charity Commission website as such.
The AQHA-UK General Data Protection Policy sets out our obligations regarding data protection and the rights of Customers, Members, and Equine Identity Document (Passport) Holders and also sets out how we manage that including personal data regulated by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The following link gives access to AQHA-UK’s Data Protection Policy which is on our website:
AQHA-U is a “Passport Issuing Body” and as such is required to keep information supplied to us for transactions connected with Equine Identity documents (Passports) for 35 years or the lifetime of the horse if earlier.
AQHA-UK is legally required to retain this information. This remains so even after a horse is sold or however ownership is transferred.
A GDPR declaration is stated on all AQHA-UK’s Equine Identity (Passport) Forms and your signature is required when undertaking any and all such transactions with AQHA-UK in connection with Equine Identity documents.
We are required in law to share data with the following organisations:
- The UK Government Department: Department for Environment and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- The Central Equine Database (CED) which includes the new Digital Stable pages.
- Equicensus, who are DEFRA-approved, provide AQHA-UK with a GDPR compliant system to:
- print our Equine Identity Documents
- link AQHA-UK’s data to the CED for daily updates.